If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Monday, October 12, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Slow Cooker

I had originally found this recipe on allrecipes.com but I made a number of changes to it. I put this in the slow cooker for about 7 hours and it was the perfect meal to come home to after church. The house smelled wonderful!

Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken
2 10oz. cans mild Rotel
1 10oz. can enchilada sauce (I used Macayo's)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 10 oz. pkg. frozen corn
1 Tbsp. cilantro

tortilla chips
shredded cheese
sour cream

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in slow cooker, except chips, cheese, and sour cream. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken after 5-6 hours using two forks.
2. Top with shredded cheese, a heavy dollop of sour cream, and tortilla chips (crunched up). Yum!