Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Witches Inn sign- dollar store!
What you do:
I think this one is pretty self explanitory!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
1 1/2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
2 cups water
1 small onion, chopped
1 28oz. ounce canned crushed tomatoes
1 16oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
10 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 Tbl. salt
1 Tbl. dried basil
1. Place beef in slow cooker. Pour in water. Sir in remaining ingredients and season with bouillon, salt, pepper, and basil. Cook on low for 8 hours.
*warm cornbread tastes great with this!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
8oz. refried beans
1/2 lb. ground beef
cheddar cheese, grated
diced fresh tomatoes
1. Fry tortillas, one at a time, in hot vegetable oil until lightly blistered and browned. Drain on paper towels.
2. Saute ground beef. Add refried beans. Add taco seasoning and salsa to taste.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. On a cookie sheet, place 1 tortilla and top with 1/4 of bean mixture and 1/4 cheese. Repeat 3 times.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
6. Serve with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and sour cream.
*this is another one of my M.I.L.'s recipes that my husband loves!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
paint or scrapbook paper
mod podge (if using scrapbook paper)
What you do:
1. Paint or mod podge scrapbook paper to the wooden initial. *It looks cute if you spray with glitter spray too.
2. Attach ribbon to back of letter using a staple gun. (Length of ribbon depends on how many bows you are trying to store on it. You can even add more than 2 strands if you wanted.)
3. Tie large bow and attach to the back with staple gun as well or you can just use the pre-existing grooves/alligator teeth to hang it with a nail.
My sister sent out quilt squares with my baby shower invitations for everyone to decorate. We got most of them....sorry if yours did not make it on here, but here it is! It turned out really cute. Thanks to all who helped make it, especially my mom for putting it all together.