If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Monday, November 2, 2009

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

Happy November! Can you believe Christmas is in 53 days?! This year is going to be over before I know it. Blogging will officially slow down for me now as I get the keys to my new house in 2 days. I will be busy painting and cleaning and boxing and moving but I'm anxious to get back and show pictures of what I will have been up to. This was a super easy, throw it together pizza. I know I am going to shock some of you, but I bought a pre-made pizza crust, yes I know, there's a first time for everything right? Life is so hectic that I have to keep my meals simple right now. It turned out good, however, I am thinking of cooking the chicken in the barbecue sauce and using ranch for the sauce next time?... Gosh I love that stuff.

Ingredients:
1 12" pre-baked pizza crust, or whatever pizza crust you prefer
1 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet and spread barbecue sauce over top. Add a thin layer of cheese, then top with chicken and onion, add a little more cheese, top that with cilantro and finish it off with remaining cheese.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

*serve with a side of ranch for dipping sauce