9 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 cups milk
1 heaping tsp. baking powder
1 scant (just under) tsp. baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbs. salt
4 1/2 tsp. Active Dry Yeast
1. Mix milk, vegetable oil, and sugar in a large pot. Cook on medium heat and "scald" the mixture. Turn off heat just before it comes to a boil. Let cool to lukewarm (90-110 degrees).
2. Once cooled, add 4 cups of flour and yeast to mixture. Stir until well blended. Add an additional 4 cups of flour. Stir until well incorporated. Set aside covered for about an hour, or until doubled in size.
3. Once doubled in size, add last cup of flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well; may need to be slightly kneaded.
4. Generously butter muffin pans. Form the rolls by pinching off walnut sized pieces and rolling them into a ball. Repeat with all dough and tuck 3 balls per muffin cup.
5. Cover and allow to rise 1-2 hours.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 14-18 minutes. (times vary depending on type of pan used, ie: coated, non-stick, silicone, etc.) Tops should be golden brown.
Glaze with melted butter.