If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Friday, June 18, 2010

Cake Pops

I made these for a baby shower last night and had a lot of people ask me how I made them, so I figured I 'd post them. I've seen people all over blogland making these and putting their own cute twists on them. I used the directions from Bakerella and it's super simple, just a little time consuming.

Ingredients:
1 box cake mix (cooked as directed on box)
1  16oz. tub frosting (I used cream cheese frosting)
1 package of chocolate bark or candy melts (any additional candy melts if you choose to drizzle them)
sucker sticks

Directions:
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 tub frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. I used my cookie scooper to get a consistent size and I ended up with 47)
4. Insert sucker sticks and chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and place on wax paper until firm. Drizzle with additional colors if you choose.