If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake

I know this totally doesn't look appetizing but it's one of those comfort foods that tastes great and looks awful. I found the recipe at Baking Like Betty (and I think she found it at Sisters Cafe), but either way it was great and my family enjoyed it. I made two, froze one, and am happy to report they were both equally great. Sometimes things aren't as great after being frozen but this one was. Try it and see what you think.
Ingredients:
2 pkgs reduced sodium Stuffing mix ( I didn't use reduced sodium)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 C milk
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 lb sliced deli ham, cut into 1" strips
8 Swiss cheese slices, or 1 C shredded
2 C cheddar cheese, shredded 
2 C cooked chicken, ( I used canned chicken from Costco, and pulled apart the chunks)

Directions:
Prepare stuffing mixes according to directions on box. Meanwhile in a bowl, combine soup and milk. Put chicken in a greased 9x13 or 2 8x8's (that's what I did for two small family batches). Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Layer ham, swiss, cheddar, soup mixture, and finally top with stuffing as final layer. At this point you can freeze or bake for 45 minutes at 350. If frozen, thaw in fridge overnight. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before baking. Cover with foil and bake 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer. If using 8x8 cut baking time to about 30 minutes covered, 5-10 uncovered.