If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Baked Mostaccioli


I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen and thought it sounded good. I usually can't go wrong when I make a pasta dish. The kids love anything with noodles and my husband really likes Italian sausage so it was a winner in our house. It does make a ton though! There is 2 pounds of meat in this sucker so a little goes a long way. Next time I'll freeze half for an emergency meal. (By the way Tasty Kitchen is the Pioneer Woman's new recipe website and she recently finished writing her very first cookbook which you can pre-order now on Amazon. Just thought I'd share for those of you who love her as much as I do!)

Ingredients:
1 pound Ground Beef
1 pound Italian Sausage
2 pinch(es) Garlic Sal, (I used 1 clove of garlic, minced)
45 ounces jar Spaghetti Sauce (I'm a Prego fan)
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning (to Taste)
1 box(es) Mostaccioli Noodles
6 slices American Cheese
6 slices Mozzarella Cheese (get Slices, NOT Shredded)
6 slices Provolone Cheese

Directions:
1. Boil your noodles according to the box.
2. Brown the ground beef and Italian sausage and garlic.
3. Add spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning to browned meat and let simmer for about 15-20 mins.
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. Grease a 9×13 glass dish and layer 1/2 of your noodles. Tear up 3 pieces of American cheese and3 pieces of mozzarella cheese, and place on top of noodles. (**placing the cheese on the noodles is a VERY important secret step)
Next pour 1/2 of your meat sauce over the cheese and noodles.
Now add the other 1/2 of your noodles and top with the other 3 slices of American cheese and 3 slices of provolone cheese.
Pour other 1/2 of your sauce over the 2nd layer of cheese and noodles, then top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
6. Place in oven on 350F for 45 mins.