If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

California Grilled Veggie Sandwiches

So before you think, gross veggie sandwich, (at least that's what I was thinking), you have to give this one a try! I promise you will not miss the meat, it has so much flavor, and GOOD flavor! I loved these so much that I served them at my 4th of July BBQ too. Oh yeah, and did I mention, super quick and super simple to make? Great summer time meal.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup mayonnaise 
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/8 cup olive oil
1 cup sliced red bell pepper
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
ciabatta bread
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions:
1. Mix mayo, garlic, and lemon juice together. Chill in refrigerator.
2. Brush veggies with olive oil and grill for about 3 minutes, turn and grill for an additional 3 minuted. (If you have a grill basket it is super handy for this meal.)
3. Spread mayo mixture on cut sides of bread and top with feta. Grill bread, cheese side up, until lightly toasted and cheese melts, BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN THEM!
4. Remove bread from grill and top with grilled veggies. These can be open faced or as a normal sandwich. Enjoy!