If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Monday, July 5, 2010

Marinated Grilled Shrimp

Some of you may or may not know my husband is doing P90X right now and there is a nutrition plan that goes along with it. If you've spent anytime on my blog then you know I am NOT a healthy cook! My husband has been after me to cook a few healthy meals a week for him and this is when this recipe came into play. He asked me to cook fish...well this is about as close to fish as it gets in my house. I don't eat sea creatures. They stink and they still look like the original creature when you buy them! I will however eat shrimp. It doesn't stink or have eyes looking at me when I buy it. Anyways, we grilled these up the other night and man were they good! Even my kids devoured them. These are definitely worth trying.
Ingredients:
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar 
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 lbs. shrimp, peeled and de-veined

Directions:
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add shrimp, cover and refrigerate for an hour. Preheat grill to medium heat. Thread shrimp on skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side.