If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chicken Poppy Seed Salad

I found this recipe at the Sister's Cafe and adapted it slightly to our liking. This is a wonderful summer meal. It was very flavorful and filling and you don't have to heat up the house to make it! Probably not going to be a salad the kiddos will like but I just threw some hot dogs on the grill while I had it fired up.

Ingredients: (use the following to your liking)
chopped hearts of romaine
sliced grilled chicken, (grill with lots of lemon pepper seasoning)
sliced red onion
crumbled crispy bacon
shredded mozarella cheese
candied almonds, (heat sugar over medium heat till turns to liquid, then add sliced almonds and toss till coated, cool on wax paper)

the dressing: (I halved this recipe and I had tons left over)
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. dry mustard
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
3 Tb. vidalia onion, chopped
2 cups canola oil
3 Tb. poppy seeds

Mix the first 5 ingredients in a blender, then slowly add the oil. Blend until thick. Stir in poppy seeds. Top over the above salad and enjoy!