If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Monday, August 23, 2010

Shredded Beef Tacos

I love these tacos! I have been making our beef tacos this way for the past couple of years and they never disappoint. I have posted them here on my blog before with a yummy garnish that is worth trying too. It's an easy crock pot meal that requires very little ingredients. You can also substitute the beef for chicken and the beef broth for chicken broth with great results too.

Ingredients:
beef tip roast
2 packets of your favorite taco seasoning
1 can beef broth
1 small diced onion

Directions:
Pour beef broth in crock pot and mix in taco seasonings with a whisk. Place roast in crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove roast from juices and shred. Serve in warm tortillas with toppings of choice!

Recommendations:
  • I love the uncooked tortillas from Costco, once you try them you'll never go back.
  • My favorite toppings- lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cheese, this salsa, avocado or guacamole 
  • I've used low sodium beef broth and low sodium taco seasonings and it still turns out great
  • This rice (pictured above) makes the perfect side dish, but this one is good too!