Seriously?!! Where have I been? Are you tired of staring at the Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? It's been so long, since October long...yikes! Well, I am back and starting off with a bang, if you like shrimp. I found this recipe over at the Pioneer Women's site so there were no doubts it would be awesome! My husband loves fajitas and this recipe has a fajita twist to it so it worked out great. Super easy and super tasty.
flour tortillas (I prefer the Tortilla Land Uncooked from Costco, which you have to pre-cook for this recipe)
12+ whole LARGE shrimp, peeled and deveined
8oz can El Pato
1 whole large onion
1 Large Red Bell Pepper
1 Large Green Bell Pepper
2 cups grated Monterey Jack Cheese
2 Tbsp. olive oil
salt to taste
1. Pour El Pato over shrimp and set aside.
2. Chop peppers and onions into large chunks. Heat skillet over high heat, add olive oil. Cook veggies over high heat until they start to brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Return skillet to the high heat and dump shrimp and sauce, stirring occasionally until shrimp is opaque. (add a little water if sauce gets dry) Remove from skillet and chop into bite sized pieces.
4. In a separate skillet, heat a drop of butter. Place tortilla in skillet and top with cheese, shrimp, veggies, and a little more cheese. Place a second tortilla on top. Cook both sides, adding a drop of butter before flipping.
5. Remove from skillet and slice into wedges. Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole!