If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Meaty Manicotti

This is the first time I've ever made manicotti, don't know why, but my family loved it so I am sure I will make it often now. This one was super easy to make and has pretty basic ingredients in it that I typically  have on hand. I made all 14 which is an entire package of noodles and it was too much for my family of four. Just one filled me up and my husband only ate 2, so super filling!
INGREDIENTS:
14 uncooked manicotti shells
1 pound Italian sausage (I like sweet the best)
3/4 lb. ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
3oz. cream cheese, cubed
1/4 tsp. salt
4 cups of meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook manicotti shells according to package. Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer, Drain and remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
2. Drain shells and rinse in cold water. Stir mozzarella, cream cheese, salt, and meat mixture together. Spread 2 cups of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. 
3. Stuff each shell with about 1/4 cup of meat mixture, arrange over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake and additional 5-10 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.