1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup choppped onion
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. celery seed
1 can chicken broth (about 1 3/4 cups)
2/3 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
3. In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer until thick.
4. Place chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust and seal edges. Make small slits in top to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Let cool before serving.
* I bake mine an extra 5 minutes because we like our crust really toasty.