5 peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2- 9" round pie crusts, or 1 recipe for homemade
1/2 stick of butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Stir together apples, flour, lemon juice, sugars, and salt. Set aside.
3. Roll out pie crusts into large circles and place on a baking sheets.
4. Place half apple mixture on one crust and the remaining on the other.
5. Fold over the edges of the crust so that it covers 2-3 inches of the apple mixture. (No need to be artistic here!)
6. Dot the tops of the pies with chunks of butter. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and bubble. Slice with pizza cutter and serve in wedges.