If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Saturday, January 2, 2010

PBK Inspired: Collector/Book Shelves

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe and exciting New Year's Eve! I am excited for 2010 and hope it's even better than 2009. I have set some new goals, one of which is to get this new house decorated, so be on the look out for photos!
Below is a Pottery Barn Kids inspired project. They sell these "Collector's Shelves" for $49 each. Of course I wasn't willing to pay that but I sure did like the look. That's when I talked to my Grandpa, showed him a picture, and ta-da! There you have it- a PBK wanna-be! I love them! Not only were they inexpensive to make, but now my kids have sentimental shelves created by their Great- Grandpa! Thanks so much Grandpa!


Here is a sneak peak of my daughter's room, the flash made the colors a little off- gave it an orange-y hue

Here is a sneak peek of my son's room as well, and just for the record, that is beadboard wallpaper- love it!