1 stick butter, melted
1 1/4 cups, plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
2 cups fresh or frozen berries
1. Grease a 3 qt. baking dish with butter.
2. In a medium bowl whisk 1 cup of sugar with the flour and milk.
3. Whisk in melted butter.
4. Pour the batter into the baking dish and sprinkle berries evenly over the batter.
5. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the top of the berries- this will seem like a ton, just do it!
6. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. When ten minutes of baking time remain, sprinkle remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar over top.