If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Friday, February 12, 2010

Chocolate Dipped Tofee Sugar Cookies

Mmmm, and just in time for Valentine's Day! I found this idea on Our Best Bites last year and thought they looked so yummy. I used my own sugar cookie recipe and crushed Skor candy bars instead of using Heath bits. I definitely recommend using semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate. Milk chocolate just doesn't do it for me. I thought they turned out great.


1 recipe for sugar cookies, you want the cookies a little firm so they don't break when dipping
dipping chocolate, I used Baker's semi-sweet
white chocolate chips or almond bark
Heath bits or crushed Skor/Heath candy bars

1. Make sure your cookies have cooled completely. I baked mine the day before and placed them in a sealed container. If you want to dip them same-day, I recommend putting them in the freezer for a little while.
2. Melt your chocolate according to packaging. Place melted chocolate in a shallow bowl. Dip one-half of the cookie in the chocolate. Smooth out chocolate and remove excess with a small rubber spatula. Place dipped cookie on a lined (parchment or wax paper) cookie sheet. Top immediately with toffee bits. Place sheet of cookies in refrigerator until chocolate sets up.
3. Melt white chocolate according to package. Pour into a ziploc bag and snip corner of bag. Drizzle chocolate over dipped cookies and return to refrigerator to set up.
4. Remove from wax paper and remove any excess chocolate.
*keep refrigerator till ready to serve.