1 Tablespoon Yeast
1 Cup 2 Tablespoons warm water
1 Tablespoon Sugar
Set aside and let grow.
2 Tablespoons Shortening
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
3 Cups flour
Combine, and then add yeast mixture.
Once mixed well, let rise for twenty minutes.
meatballs (I put approx. 4-5 meatballs, cut in half, in each one)
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1. Divide your dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each piece out into a small circle.
2. Put about 1 Tbsp. of marinara sauce on one side of the circle, top with meatballs, a slice of cheese, and 1 more Tbsp. of sauce. Fold over dough and seal edges with prongs of a fork. Repeat with each pizza dough.
3. Lightly brush the tops of the calzones with olive oil and cut a small slit in each one.
4. Lightly dust a pan with corn meal and place the calzones on it.
5. Place in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. (This is a lighter dough so it won't get too brown)
I also highly recommend Calzone Supreme too, it's my favorite but the kids don't usually go for it. I'll list the "inner ingredients" for any interested.
thinly sliced red onion
thinly sliced green bell pepper
sliced black olives