If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Friday, February 13, 2009

Embellished Apron....by request








I received a request a few weeks ago that I embellish a store bought apron. I bought this apron at Walmart for $2.99, it also comes in a canvas color as well.

*Always wash the apron before adding any embellishments.
So I decided to start of with a monogram. I freehanded a letter M onto a piece of Steam-A-Seam (can be purchased at any craft store). You can also trace onto the Steam-A-Seam as well. I then cut it out and followed the directions on the package. I did the same for the little birdies as well. I thought the apron still needed something...so I decided a pocket! I am going to use this apron as my craft apron so a pocket would be handy to keep scissors and pens in. I just zig-zag stitched the pocket on.

I think all in all, I made this for under $4.00! I already had the red dotted fabric and the Steam-A-Seam, so $3.00 for the apron and .75 cents for the fat quarter of floral fabric. Not Bad!

Thanks for the request Monica! I really enjoyed making this. If anyone ever has any requests, let me know, I'd be glad to help!