If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pioneer Woman's Mac & Cheese


If you've never been on the Pioneer Woman's blog before, you're missing out. She is an amazing cook and her recipes never lack flavor! I have one word for this one- SPICY! Wow, I even toned down the heat in this recipe and it was still spicy. It was so good though that you continue eating even though your mouth is burning. My husband had 3 servings.

Ingredients:
1 lb. macaroni noodles
1/4 to 1/2 of a red onion, diced
equal amount of red bell pepper, diced
1 4oz. can green chilies
1 cup frozen corn
1 finely diced jalapeno (I used 1/2)
1 heaping cup grated pepper jack cheese ( I used 1/2 pepper jack, 1/2 mozzarella)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream
olive oil
2 Tbsp. butter
salt & pepper

Directions:
1. Boil pasta until al dente.
2. In a large skillet, add olive oil and saute onions, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, and corn over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add green chilies, stir,then turn off heat.
3. Drain pasta and add it to the skillet. Pour on cream, add cheese, then add salt and pepper to taste.