If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Monday, July 27, 2009

Pioneer Woman's Onion Strings

These are sooo yummy! How could a deep fried onion not be good though? Pioneer Woman never fails to impress. I will make a few slight changes next time though. I think I am going to cut my onions thicker, only because I really like the juicy flavor of cooked onions and I might do half seasoned salt half regular/sea salt. I'll let you know when I try it and tell you how it goes.

Ingredients:
1 large onion
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups flour
1 scant tablespoon salt
Lots of black pepper
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Canola Oil

Directions:
Slice onion very thin (a mandolin slicer comes in very handy here). Place in a baking dish and cover with buttermilk for at least one hour.Combine dry ingredients and set aside.Heat oil to 375 degrees.Grab a handful of onions, throw into the flour mixture, tab to shake off excess, and PLUNGE into hot oil. Fry for a few minutes and remove as soon as golden brown.Repeat until onions are gone.Eat before your family sees them.Repeat with another onion, because they’ll be really mad they didn’t get any.