If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Friday, July 17, 2009

Strawberry Frozen Delight

Sorry for the lack of posting! I've been MIA as I have family in town. I should be back to my normal routine by next week. Thanks for checking in.
This was a nice, light, summer dessert. I made this for a family party and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. I will definitely be making this again.

Ingredients:
4 cups strawberries, (2 cups smashed, 2 cups sliced)
1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
4 cups cool whip, separated
16 oreos, crushed in food processor
2 Tbsp. melted butter

Directions:
1. Line a bread pan with heavy duty foil.
2. Mix 2 cups smashed strawberries, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and cool whip for 2 minutes. Pour into lined bread pan.
3. Combine oreo crumbs with melted butter and press over top strawberry mixture.
4. Cover pan with foil and freeze for at least 6 hours.
5. Just prior to serving, invert the frozen dessert onto a plate, remove foil, and frost the with remaining 2 cups of cool whip and top with sliced strawberries. (I only frosted the top, so I didn't use all the cool whip)