If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Friday, July 10, 2009

Chicken Burros


These burritos were delicious! This is another wonderful Picky Palate recipe. I love her recipes because they are always loaded with my favorites- chicken, cilantro, and ranch dressing, you just can't go wrong! I changed a few things, but basically just used fresh, homemade ingredients. Yum!

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I used Mild Rotel)
1 pkg Lipton Spanish Rice, Cooked ( I used my homemade Spanish Rice)
2 Cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
1/2 Cup shredded cheese
1/2 Cup ranch dressing (homemade Hidden Valley)
1/4 Cup favorite salsa (I used my homemade salsa)
tortillas (I prefer the uncooked)


Directions:
1. In 10-inch non stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken, 3 tablespoons cilantro, salt, cumin, pepper and tomatoes with green chilies; cook 5 minutes.
2. Mix ranch dressing and salsa in a small bowl until combined. Place chicken mixture, rice, lettuce, cheese and sauce inside tortillas. Fold and serve.