If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Trash to Treasure Baby Cradle

I bought this baby cradle at Goodwill for 1/2 off, which meant it was $2.50! It had stencil painting all the way around it with a large angel painted on the back. Not my cup of tea. I knew with a little sanding and a couple fresh coats of paint (and primer) she would be a beauty in no time.
BEFORE...
AFTER...
...and one happy little girl!
I painted it with Rustoleom's Heirloom White spray paint and I am still debating on whether to distress it. I made a simple "mattress" and pillow, as well as a top sheet for the bedding. She loves it and and it beats paying $20 for a plastic Fisher Price cradle!
I've added this to Southern Hospitality's Thrifty Treasures Linky Party. Be sure and check out all the other great finds!