If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes

I have one word for these potatoes...YUM! My family loved them. I've had this recipe for probably a year and finally got around to making them. Don't ask me what I was waiting for. These will become a regular side dish at our house now.

Ingredients:
5 medium baking potatoes
4 Tbsp. butter
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp. chopped chives, separated
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch mix
bacon bits

Directions:
1. Wash and wrap each potato in foil. Bake for 1 hour at 400 degrees.
2. Remove potato pulp from skins and place in a medium mixing bowl along with butter. Mash potatoes with a potato ricer or mixer.
3. Add cheese, sour cream, ranch mix, and 1 Tbsp. chives. Mix with a spoon.
4. Pour potato mixture into a lightly greased pan and bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
5. Garnish with remaining chives and bacon bits. Yum!