If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Trash to Treasure Furniture Re-Fab!

So I have been working on my daughter's "little girl" bedroom furniture for sometime now. I bought her furniture late last year and thought I had taken before pictures of everything...apparently not! The only before picture I could find was of the hutch, but just know the dresser looked the same way.
I am going for a "shabby princess" look for her room so I sanded, painted, distressed, and sealed everything off with a coat of poly.
BEFORE AFTER




You can see the before and after of the hardware above. The top is what it looks like now, the bottom is what it did look like. I used a technique I found on Centsational Girl to re-finish them (look towards the middle of her post to see how to do it).


As for the bed, no before pictures, but it was a deep dark brown. I really like the dark brown showing through where I distressed the bed. I think I may go back and stain the distressed marks on the hutch a dark brown as well.

So that's as far as I've gotten. We are going to be moving in a few months so I will do her bedroom reveal then.