First I have to credit my Mom for the delicious soup recipe, I grew up eating this soup, and thank you Nelda Evans for the yummy bread bowl recipe!
Cheese Potato Soup
3-4 large russet potatoes, cubed
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup celery, sliced
3/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 Tbl. flour
1 can evaporated milk
2 cups water
3/4 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1. Boil potatoes, carrots, and celery till soft, NOT MUSHY!
2. Saute' onion in butter.
3. Drain vegetables and return to pot.
4. Add onions, salt, pepper, and flour. Toss to coat.
5. Pour evaporated milk and water in slowly and warm over medium heat. (do not let it boil)
6. Add cubed cheese and allow to melt completely.
7. Serve immediately.
Crusty Soup Bowls
Ingredients:2 Tbl. yeast
2 cups warm water
1 Tbl. sugar
2 tsp. salt
5 cups flour
1. Dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, salt, and 3 cups flour. Beat for 3 minutes.
2. Gradually add remaining flour till the dough pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl. (You may not need all 5 cups)
3. Knead dough on a lightly oiled (canola oil) surface till smooth and elastic, or if you have a bread machine, let it do the kneading for you!
4. Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise till doubled.
5. Punch down and divide into 8 pieces (I did 6, I like my bowls a little bigger). Form each piece into a ball and place on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover and let rise till doubled.
6. Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
7. Cool, cut off tops, and scoop out interior.
8. Pour hot soup inside and enjoy!