If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cookie Dough Pie


As soon as I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it! My husband loves cookie dough so I decided it would be great for his Father's Day dessert. It was so yummy and everyone loved it! It was super simple to make and took no time at all. I do recommend refrigerating the chocolate syrup first or you'll run into the same problem I had- chocolate running everywhere! Didn't matter though, still tasted great!
Unfortunately, I cannot find the blog I got this recipe from, so if it was you, please leave me a comment letting me know so I can credit you and link back. Thanks!

Ingredients:
15.25 ounce package Chips Ahoy Cookies- Original kind
8-12 ounces Cool Whip- I used 8 ounces
1-2 cup milk (1 cup was enough for me in a 1 cup liquid measuring cup)

Directions:
Quickly dip cookies in milk, shake off excess liquid, and layer in 9 inch pie plate, breaking cookies to fill any gaps. Once the first layer is complete, top with a thin layer of Cool Whip. Repeat twice more making last layer of Cool Whip a bit thicker. Garnish with chocolate syrup if desired. Place in freezer 2-3 hours before serving. Serves 6-8.

Note- You must dip quickly or your pie will be very soggy. Make sure to shake off excess milk as well so that you do not have a puddle of milk in your pie. You will have leftover milk but you do need that amount to get the cookie completely immersed. The final product will be like a soft cookie dough-like consistency.