If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Green Chili Chicken Burros


(yummy chicken mixture straight out of the crock pot)
This recipe was adapted from a recipe my mom shared with me the other day. She made this same green chili chicken mixture and mixed it with cheese and egg noodles, topped it with corn bread, and put it in a casserole dish and baked it as a casserole. She used salsa verde instead of green chilis which makes it a little spicier.
I thought this would be good as a burrito too so I gave it a try and we really liked it. It was nice change from the normal beef or bean burrito. I made rice to serve on the side but we ended up putting it in our burros and it made it even yummier! I highly recommend trying it. You can find my Spanish Rice recipe here.
Ingredients:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 10.75oz can cream of chicken soup
1 4oz. can green chilis (or salsa verde, if you like it hot)
shredded cheese
toppings of choice, ie: lettuce, tomato, black olives, sour cream
Directions:
1. Place chicken breasts in crock pot, thawed or frozen.
2. Mix green chilis and soup together, pour over chicken.
3. Cook on low for 4-5 hours, 6-7 hours if chicken was frozen.
4. Shred chicken and mix in cheese.
5. Serve in warm tortillas (I recommend the uncooked), and add toppings of choice.