If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

M&M Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup shortening (I used butter flavored)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup oil (I used vegetable)
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
m&m's (I used the whole big bag)

Directions:
Combine first 5 ingredients and cream about 2 min. Add vegetable oil & mix well. Sift dry ingredients together and add to dough; mixing just until combined. Fold in m&m's. Place on un-greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min. (I had to cook mine for 14 minutes.)

Yields 4 1/2 dozen cookies.

I got this yummy recipe from Heidi's blog, Tried-and-True Cooking with Heidi. If you haven't seen her blog, you should check it. She seriously posts something new every day. I was looking for something to make with the kids and these were perfect. Now I need to find someone to share them with so we don't eat all 4 1/2 dozen of these! Thanks Heidi.