If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Greek Pizza

I found this recipe on For the Love of Cooking and knew I had to try it. I thought it was delicious, the kids cleaned their plates, and my husband said it was good- which is a good thing seeing how he doesn't like artichokes or olives. It was super simple to make, especially since I bought my pizza dough (Trader Joe's).

Ingredients:
pizza dough
corn meal (to sprinkle under the pizza)
pizza sauce (I used an 8oz. can of tomato sauce and added 1/2 tsp. of each of the following: oregano, basil, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and sugar)
mozzarella cheese (I used an Italian blend)
feta cheese
artichoke hearts (I used canned)
Kalamati olives, sliced in half ( I used black olives, it's what my kids like)
red onion, thinly sliced
roma tomato, thinly sliced
dried oregano

Directions:
1. Lightly spray pizza pan with non-stick spray then sprinkle with corn meal. Roll dough out to desired size and place on pan. Evenly spread sauce, cheese, and toppings over pizza. Sprinkle with oregano.
2. Place in the oven for 10-14 minutes at 425 degrees. Slice and serve!