If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Monday, April 13, 2009

Scripture Jar

I have two very young children so family scripture study has never been very successful in our home. My husband and I were recently discussing what we could do to make this work. We decided to fill a jar with important scriptures and read one a day. We each picked out 15 scriptures and I typed them up and placed them in a jar. (Of course the jar had to be cute if it was going to be in my house!) Each night after dinner one of the kids gets to pick a scripture out of the jar and we read it as a family. That's it, one scripture. We only wrote the scripture reference on the slip so that we would have to read it from scriptures and our children would have that visual and know what we were reading. We have had so much more success and my oldest actually gets excited now about family scripture study.