If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Val Van Haren's Salsa


I got this recipe from a friend, thanks Dawn, and loved the fact that there is no chopping! Throw it all in the blender and you're done!
Ingredients:
3 16oz. cans diced tomatoes, juice strained
1 bunch cilantro
4 jalapenos, de-seeded (I used 2, I don't like it too spicy)
1 bunch green onions
1 can El Pato (yellow can)
2 Anaheim chilies, de-seeded (I couldn't find these, so I substituted 1 can of green chilies)
4 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. salt, add more if needed
Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree!
*this can end up a little spicy depending on how ripe your jalapenos and chilies are. you can adjust the "hottness" by adding a little sugar if needed.