For those of you familiar with Pres. Hinckley's book, "Way to Be!" 9 Ways to Be Happy and Make Something of Your Life", these are just a decorative way to display and remind us of his inspirational words. Thanks to Not So Idle Hands for this cute idea! If you are in my ward, this is another craft that will be available for Super Saturday.What you need:
3- 3.5" sq. wooden blocks
vinyl (click here to purchase)
spray sealer or Mod Podge
What you do:
1. Sand the blocks.
2. Paint the blocks, 2 coats works best. (maybe more depending on color)
3. Sand the edges of the blocks. (if that’s the desired look)
4. Cut out all large letters. Peel away backing (one at a time, as you work), and you should be left with a letter stuck to the transfer tape. If you have trouble with the letter sticking to the backing, rub the back of the letter with your finger or a popsicle stick to help release it onto the transfer tape.
5. Start sticking the letters on the blocks, rub really well to make sure they stick. 6. Then, peel away the transfer tape.
7. Add additional letters using the same process. You can place the remaining letters however you’d like to obtain your desired look.
8. Spray with sealer or cover in Mod Podge to protect the finish.