3 cups flour (to start, 2-3 more needed)
2 Tbsp. yeast
2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1. Combine all above ingredients in mixer. Mix for 1 minute.
2. Add 2-3 cups more flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough cleans the sides of the bowl.
3. Knead for 10 minutes.
4. Roll half the dough out to a 12x15 rectangle. Roll up long ways. Slit the top.
5. Combine 1 egg white and 2 Tbsp. cold water, brush the the top of the bread.
6. Let rise till doubled.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.
-yields 2 loaves
*thanks to my M.I.L. for this recipe.