If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chalkboard/Corkboard Art Display

This is another Pottery Barn Kids inspired project. You can purchase these cork board and chalkboard squares from PBK for $29.00 each/per tile. I thought it would be cute for above the kids art table, but not for $116.00! So off I went to Michaels to see what I could come up with. (obviously these tiles are not mounted to the wall yet in the above picture, so if they look a little skewed, that's why!)

What you need:
2 12x12 cork boards (they come in a 4 pack for $9.99, I used my 40% off coupon)
2 12x12 mirrors ($5.00 each)
chalkboard spray paint
alligator mounting brackets

What you do:
1. Spray paint mirrors. I did 3 coats. Let dry for 24-48 hours before drawing on them.
2. Attach alligator mounting brackets to the back of each square and hang!