18 oreos, crushed in food processor
1 18oz. white cake mix
1 cup water, room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
6 Tbsp. boiling water, maybe more
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Mix cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large mixing bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in the cookie crumbs until evenly distributed.
2.Pour the batter evenly between lined cupcake tins, about 3/4 full.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes.
4. Let cool before frosting.
1. Place the cocoa powder and boiling water in a medium size bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon.
2. Add butter and mix on low speed until smooth.
3. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until well incorporated. Add a little more water if needed.
4. Mix on medium speed till frosting becomes fluffy and lighter in color, about 2 minutes.
* I crushed additional oreos to garnish the edges of my cupcakes.