3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, halved
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper, to taste
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups spaghetti sauce
6 slices mozzarella cheese
1. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper (I used freshly ground garlic pepper & sea salt).
2. Dip chicken in egg, turning to coat. Transfer to bread crumb mixture, turning to coat. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and brown each side until breading is golden. Place in a 9x13 baking dish.
4. Bake chicken for 20-30 minutes (depending on how thick it is), at 350 degrees.
5. Remove chicken from oven and pour spaghetti sauce around chicken. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese over each chicken breast.
6. Place chicken under broiler until sauce is heated through and cheese starts to brown and bubble.