2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
oil (for frying)
1 lb. ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 15oz. can pinto beans
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 tomatoes, diced
1. In a large skillet cook ground beef with taco seasoning according to package. Cover and keep warm.
2. Heat pinto beans with 2 Tbsp. salsa, just until heated through. Keep warm.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir milk in and mix until the dough comes together and forms a ball. Knead the dough until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a deep skillet, about 1" deep.
5. Break off fist size pieces of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten balls of dough like a pancake.
6. Fry bread in oil till golden brown on each side, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
7. Top fry bread with meat, beans, and toppings.