If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cute Bank for a Cute Girl

Every Christmas Grandpa does a "money toss" for the grandkids. When we got home I discovered Aliza didn't have a bank to put her money in. So....of course I had to buy one....NO!.....MAKE one!

What you need:
Mod Podge
brush
scrapbook paper
paper trimmer
embellishments
container of choice (4x5 clear plastic w/removable lid pictured)
drill

What you do:
1. Cut the money slot out of the top/lid of the container. (I recommend letting your husband do this, I did.)
2. Cut scrapbook paper to size for all sides.
3. Mod podge paper to container and let dry.
4. Once dry, add an outer coat of Mod Podge to seal the paper to the container.
5. Add embellishments. (I added Swarovski crystals to this one) ribbon, chipboard, an initial, anything!