If you have a question or comment, please e-mail me at marinscreations@yahoo.com

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Valentine's Wreath


*I've had a lot of questions about this wreath. Just to clarify, I used only one fabric above. The other color you are seeing is the reverse side. You can use as many fabrics as you'd like.
What you need:
styrofoam heart
pencil
tacky glue
scrap fabric (about 1/3 of a yard), cut into 2" squares
scissors
ribbon
What you do:
1. Fill a small bowl with glue.
2. Place the tip of the pencil in the center of the fabric square (print side facing the pencil), then dip the end of it in the glue.
3. Press the pencil tip into the styrofoam.
4. Remove the pencil and the fabric should stay in place.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until entire heart is covered. (make sure it looks nice and full)
6. Tie a small loop around the finished wreath with ribbon, then thread enough ribbon through that to hang your wreath.
*I'm pretty sure I got this idea from Little Birdie's Secrets